MSM Teaching Series: Movement
It can be easy to forget who God really is sometimes. And it can be even
A movement is a group of people working together with a common goal. The movement that we’re part of here at church is following Jesus. When we serve other people together, in big and small ways, we’re joining the movement Jesus started to bring His goodness into the world. To learn about what serving is really supposed to be, we are going to look at what Jesus did and how we can join the serving movement He started and calls the church to join in.
“And the King will say, “I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!” – Matthew 25:40 NLT
Week 1: APRil 24th
- MAIN POINT: Do something you don’t have to do.
- MAIN SCRIPTURES: John 13:4-5 & 14-15 + Matthew 25:35-40
- CROSS CONNETION: Jesus didn’t have to die on the cross, but He did so we could be forgiven. When we do things we don’t have to for others, we reflect His love to them.
- MSM Movement Option – SGL GUIDE Wk 1
Week 2: May 1st
- MAIN POINT: Do something you’re scared to do.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Matthew 28:18-20 NIV
- CROSS CONNECTION: We can take brave steps of faith because we aren’t alone. When we believe in what Jesus did for us on the cross, His spirit comes to live inside us and empower us to take brave faith steps
- MSM Movement Option – SGL GUIDE Wk 2