Theme: Who is God? What is He like?
Series Overview: A lot of people have a lot of different opinions about who God is and what He is like. Does God throw lightning bolts at us from the sky when we do something wrong, or does He love us no matter what? Is God big enough to walk with us through all the tough stuff in life? What we think of God is called our theology. To be in the know on who God is, we should base our theology on what the Bible says is true about God. Author A.W. Tozer wrote: “What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.” What we believe about God is true about Jesus as well.
Wk 1: Oct 5 & 6 – In The Beginning…
● Main Point: God is the Creator and Sustainer of everyone and everything.
● Main Scripture: Isaiah 42.5-9 Genesis 1 & 2; John 1.1-5; Revelation 1.8
● Wk 1 Small Group Leader Guide
Wk 2: Oct 12 & 13 – What’s a “Redeemer?”
● Main Point: God is the Rescuer and Redeemer of His Creation.
● Main Scripture: Exodus 3.5-17; Ruth 4; Psalm 19.14; Isaiah 41.1-14
o Gospel Response Message
● Wk 2 Small Group Leader Guide
Wk 3: Oct 19 & 20 – Can I really trust God?
● Main Point: Jesus is God: He is the Founder and Perfecter of our faith.
● Main Scripture: Acts 3:15; Hebrews 12:1-2
● Wk 3 Small Group Leader Guide
Wk 4: Oct 26 & 27 – In The End…
● Main Point: Jesus is God, and has ultimate authority and will be the final Judge
● Main Scripture: 1 Corinthians 15.21-28; James 4.7-12
● Wk 4 Small Group Leader Guide
The New City Catechism is a modern-day resource aimed at helping children and adults alike learn the core doctrines of the Christian faith via 52 questions and answers. You can explore it with your kids of all ages to be even more IN THE KNOW about who God is and what He is like according to the Bible here.