Series Overview: The world is full of advice that sounds great in theory but can be very harmful if applied to our lives. The Bible is full of the most wise advice that will save us from the heartache of trial & error when we obey it. We don’t live wisely by knowing things, we live wisely by knowing God.
Main Scripture: Proverbs 9:10 – Fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgement.
Wk 1: Nov 7 & 8 – Let’s build a sandcastle.
- Main Point: We can build our lives on a ton of different things, but only a foundation built on God will last.
- Main Scripture: Matthew 7:24-27
- Bad Advice Wk 1 Leader Guide
Wk 2: Nov 14 & 15 – Y.O.LO.
- Main Point: As Christians, we live for eternity, not for the moment.
- Main Scripture: 1 John 2:15-17
- Bad Advice Wk 2 Leader Guide
Wk 3: Nov 21 & 22 – Follow Your Heart
- Main Point: What feels right isn’t always the right thing to do.
- Main Scriptures: Jeremiah 17:9, Psalm 139:23-24, and Psalm 37:4
- Bad Advice Wk 3 Leader Guide
Wk 4: Nov 28 & 29 – Just do you Boo Boo!
- Main Point: God wants to transform you in the best way possible!
- Main Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Bad Advice Wk 4 Leader Guide