SERIES OVERVIEW: Make or Break
Friends are so great! But navigating friendships can be tricky. If you are friends online does that make you actual friends? What happens when you get into a fight? Do you cancel each other? Swear to NEVER hang out with them again? What if you are friends with the opposite sex/gender? Does that mean you should start dating? Choosing your friends wisely is one of the greatest skills you can acquire/grow in for your whole life! And the influence of your friends can really make or break a lot of things in your life.
SERIES MAIN POINT: Encouraging students to look at who they are hanging out with, how those people are influencing them, and how they can influence their friends from an overflow of God’s love.
- MAIN POINT: Your friends can make or break you…choose your friends wisely.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: 1 Kings 12:3-11
- King Rehoboam + his friends’ horrible advice
- HSM+ Option: Proverbs 13:20
- CROSS CONNECTION: Just like your relationships with your friends, even more so honestly, your relationship with Jesus will affect your life in huge ways. Jesus loves you and wants a relationship with you.
- MSM – Make or Break – SGL Wk A
- MAIN POINT: A good friend’s words are trustworthy…be a good friend.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Proverbs 11:13; Ephesians 4:29
- CROSS CONNECTION: Jesus laid down His life for us, so our friendship and relationship with Him could be restored.
- MSM – Make or Break – SGL Wk B
- MAIN POINT: When you have conflict, win the friendship not the fight.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: 2 Samuel 15:3-4 NIV
- “Look, your claims are valid and proper, but there is no representative of the king to hear you…If only I were appointed judge of the land! Then everyone who has a complaint or case could come to me and I would see that he gets justice”
- CROSS CONNETION: Like Absalom and David, we too have a fractured relationship with our Heavenly Father because of our sin. However, for us, God in our conflict chose to WIN the RELATIONSHIP by sending His son, Jesus, to die for us.
- MSM – Make or Break – SGL Wk C
- MAIN POINT: We are called to forgive like Jesus forgives.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Luke 22: 3-6 & 47-51, Ephesians 4:31-5:1
- GOSPEL INVITATION + RESPONSE
- MSM – Make or Break – SGL Wk D