HSM Teaching Series: Gamechanger
When small groups are run to their max, they’re a gamechanger for everyone involved! That’s why, in this series, we will tackle what small groups are, why we need them, and how to get the most out of them! Small groups are where students continue to build their foundation in Jesus, so it’s important for our Small Groups to have a strong foundation in order for them to be a gamechanger in our student’s lives.
- Main Point:Smalls groups are a gamechanger because they are a place to:
- Connect with others
- Grow in faith
- Main Scripture: Hebrews 10:24-25 NIV
- “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
- Cross Connection: You belong here because we all belong with Jesus. When we put our faith in Jesus as our Lord and Savior, believing He died on the cross to forgive our sins – we become his sons and daughters – making us all family.
- HSM SG Guide – Gamechanger Wk A
- Main Point: God’s plan for relationship is a gamechanger.
- Main Scripture: Genesis 2:18-22 + Matthew 22: 37-38 NIV
- “It is not good for man to be alone….”
- “Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.”
- HSM+ Additional Verse Option: “He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harms.” Proverbs 13:20 NIV
- Gospel Invitation + Response Week
- HSM SG Guide – Gamechanger Wk B
- Main Point: Game–changing groups follow God’s plan.
- Main Scripture: Acts 2:42-47 NIV
- “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
- Cross Connection: God wants us tobe in community with Him. Jesus gives us community with God because of His sacrifice.
- HSM SG Guide – Gamechanger Wk C