HSM + MSM Teaching Series: Let Go(d)
Series Overview: We are going to dive deep into God’s forgiveness for us and His call for us to forgive others.
Too many times we can feel like we’ve messed up so much that we start shying away from God and church. But Jesus died for us while we were still sinners (Romans 5:8). We should lean into God’s forgiveness for us and extend it to others. God’s forgiveness sets us free and invites us into a wonderful life with Him.
Too many times we can hold grudges against those who’ve sinned against us. But the more you hold onto a grudge, the more the grudge has a hold on you. God actually commands us to forgive others and is pretty serious about it, but that can be easier said than done. Healing and forgiving others is a process that sometimes we have to choose repeatedly.
WEEK A: LET GO(D)
- MAIN POINT: Forgiveness sets us free.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Romans 3:23, 5:8, 6:8-10
- GOSPEL INVITATION + RESPONSE
- SGL Let Go(d) – Week A
- Teaching – Let Go(d) Week A
WEEK B: LET GO(D)
- MAIN POINT: The more you hold onto a grudge, the more the grudge has a hold on you.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 4:31-32 & Romans 12:17-21
- HSM+ Optional Scripture: Romans 3:5-6
- CROSS CONNECTION: Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the grave to pay the penalty for our sins and FORGIVE OUR DEBT. (John 3:16) When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, our debts against God are forgiven.
- SGL Let Go(d) – Week B
- Teaching – Let Go(d) Week B
WEEK C: LET GO(D)
- MAIN POINT: Forgiveness and healing aren’t an event, they are a process.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Colossians 3:12-14
- CROSS CONNECTION: Jesus went through pain and death on the cross to offer us forgiveness and saving grace.
- SGL Let Go(d) – Week C
- Teaching – Let Go(d) WK C
HSM MONTHLY BIBLE STUDY GUIDE
January 2023 – HSM Monthly Study Guide: Studying God’s Word on our own is an important step in owning our faith. Find ways to encourage students in your group who you think are ready for this step in to complete the HSM monthly inductive Study Guide.