Jesus in His Own Words
People have different opinions of who Jesus is. Some think He was a good person, others think He was crazy, others see Him as God. Whose opinion should we take? Let’s take Jesus at His word and take His opinion of who He was. Each week we will focus on a different statement Jesus made about Himself Jesus wants us to know who He is and why He came down to earth. You may not realize it, but your view of Jesus impacts your life everyday (and how you live it). Who is Jesus? Let’s explore what Jesus said about Himself. Let’s explore the red letters (Jesus’ own words).
GOAL OF THE SERIES: The more students know the truth about Jesus, the more they’ll be drawn into an intimate relationship with Him.
WEEK A: “I AM DANGEROUSLY GOOD”
- MAIN POINT: Jesus is passionate about setting us free from what imprisons us.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Luke 4:16-21
- GOSPEL INVITATION + RESPONSE
- Teaching Guide – JesusIHOW – Wk A
- SGL Wk A – Jesus IHOW
WEEK B: “I AM A PERFECT REFLECTION OF GOD”
- MAIN POINT: Through Jesus we can see what God is like.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: John 5:19
- Teaching-JesusIHOW-Wk B
- SGL Wk B – Jesus IHOW
WEEK C: “I AM BURIED TREASURE”
- MAIN POINT: Jesus is a treasure worth leaving everything else behind for.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Matthew 13:44-46
- Teaching-JesusIHOW-Wk C
- SGL Wk C – Jesus IHOW
HSM Monthly Study Guide – April: Studying God’s Word on our own is an important step in owning our faith. Find ways to encourage students in your group who you think are ready for this step in to complete the HSM monthly inductive Study Guide.