SERIES OVERVIEW: On the Lot
Lights! Camera! Action! On the Lot is where the words of a tv or movie script come to life. In each of our lives we want God’s Word to come to life. The Bible is more than just words to store in our brain; the Bible is an amazing guide that can transform our lives in amazing ways. We’ll walk through parts of Psalm 119 to learn how following God’s Word can light our way, help us see ourselves clearer, and bring us freedom.
Week A: LIGHTS (April 30)
- MAIN POINT: The Word of God is a light that directs our path.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Psalm 119:103-105 NIV
- GOSPEL INVITATION + RESPONSE
- SGL Wk A – On the Lot
- Teaching On the Lot – Wk A
- Family Conversation Cue: Read Psalm 119:103-105 NIV together. How is God’s word like a light in our lives?
Week B: CAMERA (May 7)
- MAIN POINT: Reading the Bible can help us see ourselves clearer.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Hebrews 4:12 + James 1:23-24 + Psalm 119:73
- SGL Wk B – On the Lot
- Teaching On the Lot – Wk B
- Family Conversation Cue: Read Hebrews 4:12 together. What is something you’ve learned about yourself by reading, or hearing, the Bible?
Week C: ACTION (May 14)
- MAIN POINT: Living out the words of the Bible leads to more freedom, not less.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Psalm 119:14-16 + James 1:25
- SGL Wk C – On the Lot
- Teaching On the Lot – Wk C
- Family Conversation Cue: Read Psalm 119:14-16 together. How can following God’s word be like having “great riches?”
HSM Monthly Study Guide – May: Studying God’s Word on our own is an important step in owning our faith. Find ways to encourage students in your small group or family who you think are ready for this step to complete the HSM monthly inductive Study Guide.